View Single Post
Old
02-07-2013, 01:28 PM
Pantherfan12

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakethesnake23 View Post
For whatever reason (his name, being a backup to Broduer, reputation, etc) Clemmenson was never accepted from the moment he arrived. Fans wanted too bag him from the start.

Now that he is holding up the organizations Golden Boy, hes even more of a punching bag.

The reality is he was more than serviceable last year, and is still a legit NHL backup goalie. Theres no guarantee that Markstrom is the better option as this very moment. Plus, the way that contracts are set-up, there is little chance Clemm gets demoted.

Clemm is the least of the worries of the panthers organization at the moment.
I couldn't disagree more.
I don't really remember too many fans being unhappy about the Clemmensen signing, or at least wanting to "bag" him right from the start. As far as I remember, most people were pretty happy that we did sign him because he did so well when Broduer was out. He really held his own and the fans felt that he would be just as good a backup as Anderson was.
Clemmensen was serviceable last season? What does that mean? That he stinks but stole some wins for us? I never had a problem that we signed him, because like many others, I was under the impression we were getting a goaltender that brought the Devils to the playoffs when Broduer went down. Instead, what we have is Alex Auld 2.0. Clemmer is horrible this season and he lost the game for us in Winnipeg as well as 3 points. I think Dineens comments were that he isn't happy with Clemmer but he won't single him out to the media.
I believe Markstrom should be brought up and Clemmer sent through waivers. Markstrom may not turn out to be our next superstar goalie,but I'd much rather give him a real chance and see what he's made of. He is better than Clemmer, so that's an improvment to our goaltending. Add in Gudbranson to our lineup,and Strachan and Ellerby improving and now our D looks a little more solid.

Pantherfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote