View Single Post
Old
02-07-2013, 02:00 PM
joe89

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger98 View Post
An .892 sv% is pretty weak. Removing goalies who have played fewer than 4 games this season, he's right at 30th in the league. And he hasn't faced an overabundance of shots, either. in 9 games, he's faced 249 shots, which is in the same ballpark as Varlamov and 10+ shots fewer than Bryzgalov, Lehtonen, and Andersson (while Dubnyk has been peppered in Edmonton - 323 shots in ten games...).

I agree, he's not elite, but he's better than what he's shown. And being sat in a big game, after a day's break...I don't know. You're probably right, but I also wonder how the weekend starts will get divided if Mrazek has a big night tonight.
I think Howard is rather relieved he's not playing tonight. The real message would be to start Mrazek on Saturday too. That being said, I don't think Howard needs someone to tell him he has to be better. Also if he's gonna start sucking, I'm rather happy it's in a contract year.

As for Lashoff over Huskins, Lashoff was better than Huskins last game. Among Huskins, Kindl and Lashoff I think the message is clear, the better guy stays in.