View Single Post
Old
02-07-2013, 03:40 PM
BlueDream

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Blue View Post
I disagree with your assumption that Reaves would not make a difference in how the team played. Would playing Reaves make the difference for a Blues win against the Preds? NO, but the Blues lacked any physical play for the first period and a half and gave the Preds way too much space. Reaves finishes checks, works the boards, and makes the other team look over their shoulder knowing they are going to get hit. Plus he can be a spark, you think Reaves wouldn't have found Clune for a fight when the Blues were down 3-0? Don't underestimate how much inspired play can affect the team.
Agreed.

Nobody is saying the Blues would have beat the Preds or would be 9-0 right now if Reaves played in every game. But, anyone who watches the games, it should be absolutely clear that the 4th-line is MUCH more effective with Reaves on it than Langenbrunner or D'Agostini. It's just a fact. He's a good player for his role, that's all we're saying, and therefore you should put the best lineup on the ice - and that includes him in it. So the people overreacting need to calm down.

Looks like Hitch finally realizes this:

Quote:
"We need the game on a consistent basis, which is a north-south game, not east-west," Hitchcock said. "When he plays north-south, he's a very difficult player to play against. That's the game we're looking for on a consistent basis. When he plays like that, he's a tough guy to have to compete against. When he's got that mindset.

"I think it's a little bit our fault, too, because we've been screwing around trying to get people into the lineup and make them part of the team. The lineup, if you look at it tonight, this is the same lineup that we had the first couple games and we stayed with it and we played very well and then we started moving around that fourth line to try and get people involved. I'm not sure it helped. It kept people involved, but I'm not sure it helped long-term, so we've experimented enough and we'll just settle in. If you're playing well, you play, and if you don't, then you have to sit out. Revo's got to be consistent in his performance of playing north-south. He does it, and then gets away from it at times. I'm hoping the last game is an eye-opener. Now he's got to get back on track."
http://lkorac10.blogspot.com/2013/02...ay-lineup.html

That just sums it up. He's an effective 4th-liner. Is he the reason we win games? No. But he gives the team a lot of energy and it's clear he is effective.

BlueDream is offline   Reply With Quote