View Single Post
02-07-2013, 03:05 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by mrmyheadhurts View Post
How could you possibly know this? The last time he was in the playoffs was a point per game player at the tender age of 21.

Kessel is terribly underrated in my opinion. He is a terrific skater and can score from anywhere inside the blueline. He's no softer than other players of his ilk. It's seems like if you're not Lucic you're perceived as useless in the playoffs nowadays.

That being said, for what it would cost, Kessel doesn't really interest me.
This. We have guys that can muck about infront of the net, but we need to continue to support them with offensive skill and playmaking.

Kessel can do both.

Put him with Kassian, and I think we will see magic. Like Bertuzzi-Naslund magic.

I am not a proponent of overpaying for Kessel, and I am now regretting that I said ok to Schneider+Gaunce+1st, but saying he'd be useless here is absurd.

If we have any of the Sedins (PPG x 2), Kesler (30+ goals, 60-70 points), Booth (20 goals in shortened seasons), Burrows (30+ goals), Kessel (30+ goals) come into form with guys like Kassian or even Schroeder playing to potential, and support from Lapierre, Higgins, Hansen, Malhotra, Weise, Raymond and Volpatti....we look incredibly dangerous.

Not even mentioning 2 40+ point defenders (one topping at 49 last year), a 17 goal scorer, a 30+ point shut down defender and a 30 point defender playing on our bottom pairing, a super poised sophmore, a recent former 1st round pick in the press box and Vezina calibre goaltending...

If that was the offer, I don't see how we don't at least consider it. Not every trade yields a powerforward.