View Single Post
Old
02-07-2013, 03:24 PM
veganhunter
Mexico City Coyotes!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhay1987 View Post
He did say if he reaches his full potential. Not sure how much you've read up on Trouba on the prospects board, but the way he's developing his ceiling is getting higher and higher. If you have already and disagree, I apologize.

Something tells me that "help" sign is just you looking at their draft spot and that one is in the NHL and one isn't though.
Exactly.

My point was if Trouba becomes the Weber like player many are projecting he could be and Yakupov becomes the Kovalchuk kind of player people are predicting, that's a tough decision. Now toss in a guy who just missed 30 goals two years in a row, pretty lopsided. Yakupov is playing and producing in the NHL so he has more value right now but Trouba is is exceeding expectations and is on the right track as well. Also Yakupov playing in the NHL now and Trouba not there yet is really not a big deal to me. You don't see many 18 year old D step right in after being drafted as the adjustment to the NHL at that position is way bigger than for a forward.

So IMO not worth it for us. Granted Trouba could bust (knock on wood) but the way he is playing in college which is typically dominated by older players as an 18 year old freshman it doesn't look likely.

veganhunter is offline   Reply With Quote