View Single Post
Old
02-07-2013, 03:30 PM
kasper11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Frost View Post
I wont be disappointed in the slightest if he starts making solid moves. Look trades happen all the time and for some reason we keep believing that to get a PK Subban or a Perry we need to give up a Wayne Gretzky package for them.

If you dont believe that Tavares needs serious help on the 1st line then I dont know what to tell you. We cant keep waiting for miracles from the waiver wire. We need to make moves.
Have you noticed that no other team has been able to pry away Subban or Perry? What does that tell you about the type of package you would need?

How many impact young players are traded? I would say Richards and Carter are the last two I can think of. And that Carter trade didn't end up too well for Columbus. And I doubt there was any chance Philly would have moved them within the division anyway.

Before that was Phil Kessel, and how many of you would want to make a similar deal?

Trades happen all the time, but not trades involving young high end players. Those kinds of deals are rare, and generally require a package involving several top prospects/young players.