View Single Post
Old
02-07-2013, 03:33 PM
Oilception

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1 View Post
The lunging may be due to the wear and tear, but the passes to no one when he has time and space are not. Despite his reputation, #94 can indeed be lazy at times. Last night was as bad as I've seen it. Screwing up positioning is also inexcusable for a veteran like him and that occurred several times last night.

All Whitney had to do to stop Jagr's goal was lean into him. He's so paranoid about that foot that he tried to back off early instead. It doesn't work. I'm honestly not sure how much if this is his foot being mangled and how much is him in his own head trying to over think the hell out of trying to compensate. Either way, none of it is working and he needs to take a seat for a while to figure it out. I don't see how he could modify his game enough to be a good NHL defenceman at this point. You can't use only one foot and play effectively.
Love the write up LMHF. Always a pleasure to read.

I agree that it wasn't smyths best night but in regards to his poor positioning could part of that not be realated to the fact he was playing center? Guys been a LW his entire career and just got thrusted into the role

Oilception is offline   Reply With Quote