View Single Post
Old
02-07-2013, 03:35 PM
CharlestownChiefsESC

vCash: 500
Instead of blaming Messier why dont the Canuck fans blame John McCaw. I am a RANGER fan and #11 is my favorite player of all time, but Ill be a realist here. In 96-97 Messier scored 36 goals however 32 of those goals came close to the beginning of the season. He only scored 4 goals the rest of the season. In the playoffs he had a decent series against Florida, but he was a ghost against the devils and philly. After that season he RANGERS offered him 1 year at what I believe was 4 million. I cant really blame Neil Smith for doing this especially because 2 of the best players in the game at the time were free agents (Sakic,Fedorov) and he was looking towards the future in which Messier would only diminish. What Canucks fans also dont seem to understand was the Red Wings, Caps, and Isles also offered him the same money the RANGERS did, while McCaw offered him this exuberant amount that no one other should be getting at age 36. So instead of complaining about Messier's skill (which was beginning to diminish), why dont you blame your owner for signing a 36 year old to a crazy contract.

CharlestownChiefsESC is offline   Reply With Quote