Thread: Proposal: Edm & Wpg
View Single Post
Old
02-07-2013, 04:26 PM
Flair Hay

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPStoEberletoHall View Post
Uh who has compared trouba to Weber..? And you do know Yakopov has been compared to a Bure clone right?
Have you read the prospect page? I was surprised myself hearing what's one of the guys on here from Michigan that watch him live. Great skater, plays extremely physical, a real mean streak, averaging 2/3 of a ppg, big slap shot, great passer, decent but not great offensive instincts. His scouting reports at the draft had him as more of a stay at home defenseman, but if you watched him at the world juniors (where he was the tournament's top defenseman) or at Michigan you'd know he's rapidly improved his offensive game. Still has to get over making some bad decisions as far as trying for the big play too often, but that's why people use the term ceiling. If he can think the NHL game at a high level it's not a reach at all to think that paired with the right partner he could become a dominating player in his own end with limited offensive potential... but with a howitzer of a shot from the point.

That said, it's never a sure thing so taking into account Winnipeg's depth at RD and lack of top end scoring, I'd probably do the deal. Ask some people who know him better than the average Jets fan and you'll be impressed.

Flair Hay is online now   Reply With Quote