View Single Post
02-07-2013, 05:27 PM
Bleach Clean
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
We'd have a better chance at landing an impact player via trade, and also I think that Luongo is experiencing a resurgence. For the near future I have confidence Luongo will be the better goalie, and either Lack, Cannata, or some yet-to be drafted prospect can take up the mantle in around 5ish years.

Schneider _is_ or will be proven to be, an impact player. Just needs more games to showcase it to everyone. (I already believe him to be)

Luongo may be experiencing a resurgence, but this is about the long-term stability of this franchise. For whatever reason, Luongo felt it was time to go to management and request a move. That part is done and on the books. Schneider is the Canucks goalie moving forward. Nothing has changed on that front.

This is how a team like VAN can remain in the playoff picture years down the road. They have a key young piece already in house, ready to take over perhaps the most important position in hockey. One does not deal that for a mystery box (a could be impact player or Lack or Cannata becoming excellent #1's etc...) You keep the certainty, the bird in the hand, and that's Schneider.

I'm kind of surprised actually that people in VAN think it's a possibility. Seems like Kypreos is more popular than I thought...

Aaaaand Tim Thomas gets traded to the island for a conditional 2nd...