Thread: Speculation: Isles getting ready to make move?
View Single Post
Old
02-07-2013, 05:36 PM
hockeyball

vCash: 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
I like Demers better, but Braun is playing better right now and is better defensively. I'd potentially move one of them for Okposo, whom I'm a fan of.

Snow doesn't need D? Yeah, that's why he claimed Strait and Hickey and is icing the likes of Carkner. Besides, both Demers and Braun are easily better than the bolded and arguably as good as anyone but Hamonic. Besides, Streit and Visnovsky are not long-term solutions. Demers or Braun would be.
Basically, but I wasn't responding because I don't argue with other team's fan bases about their own needs. We have young, cheap, quality D to offer, Isle's have some young cheap quality forwards. Seem like good partners, that's all I was saying. If you don't think the Isle's need D then I guess we simply have nothing to discuss.

The Sharks have Brent Burns about to come off of IR which leaves them with:

Vlasic - Burns
Stuart - Boyle
Demers - Braun
Irwin - Murray
Petrecki

all currently on the roster, all NHL caliber (Petrecki is questionable but Larry Robinson say's he's ready so I'll take his word for it). Irwin/Demers/Braun are all very similar two-way offensively capable d-men. Irwin can be sent down, but has played very well in the NHL thus far. All signs point to the Sharks jettisoning a quality D player imminently (and we are rumored to be shopping for a winger).

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote