Thread: Value of: Brian Boyle + for D
View Single Post
Old
02-07-2013, 05:39 PM
bernmeister

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
I can't believe some of the offers that are on here. Yes, Boyle is a big body and a good 3-4th line centreman that can fight but please it is not like he puts up many points. Fistric got a 3rd from EDM and Lovejoy got a 5th. What the poster and NYR fans are asking for Boyle is just crazy. When you are dealing a player take away your fan love for him and take a look at what he could actually get. Only on HF is a player like Boyle worth so much.

By the way all those fans that have been tossing Hemsky under the bus look how he is performing now that he is healthy. He has been playing very good so far with speed and going into the corners. I told you all that he would be back.
While I respect your suggestion everyone get a grip an moderate their demands with more realistic values, which I consider a fair gripe, at the same time I believe you are undervaluing the market for Boyle.

BBG correctly points out 32g over 2 years. That's not a scoring dynamo, but it is solid for someone who is mostly 4th line C, event though he's pinch hit at 3c. Rarely does he play with linemates who score readily, let alone snipers. So that's a decent + number. And whatever else, the odd screw up aside, he does play spirited defense in a large yet mobile frame.

Just by way of one example, in discussions earlier on other threads last year, it was agreed some variation of Boyle gets you some variation of Olsen, who is late #1 pick.

The floor should be open for BB, we should consider all offers. If we move one asset for another that better overall fills a particular need, that's worth considering. But understand, Ranger fans are not looking to give Boyle away. Nor is he a salary dump.

----

BTW, Congrats on Hemsky, back producing for Oilers. I wish him the best. he's too expensive IMO, and has an injury track record which is not a good mix w/a big contract.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote