View Single Post
Old
02-07-2013, 07:03 PM
Great One

vCash: 500
I've seen more than a few Hab games this year and I've got to admit, I've been really surprised and very impressed with Galchenyuk's play so far this season. Especially just after missing a year of development. The kid is a special player and I think it's safe to say that you guys struck a gold mine by taking the chance and drafting him.

In saying that, as an Oiler fan, I am very happy with our decision to draft Yakupov and seeing what I've seen so far this year I wouldn't trade him for any other player in that draft. I won't deny the fact that Galchenyuk is the better defensive player and I'm not trying to take anything away from his offensive game, but Yakupov just got that knack for creating scoring chances and the offensive upside and scoring touch that for me, gives him the edge between the two. Yakupov has the ability to become the Oiler's best player in a few years, IMO Hall or RNH will be, but just the simple fact that it's a pretty good possibility says a lot considering the talent in our lineup.

Great One is offline   Reply With Quote