View Single Post
Old
02-07-2013, 08:31 PM
Morris Wanchuk

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr View Post
A week ago Bobby Mac was mentioning about how during the last lockout-shortened season there was a significant increase in fighting.

I have a few theories on why this would be, but they are not important to the overall point of the thread: are we ready to rumble this year?

Rumours that Toronto are claiming MacIntyre... to go along with John Scott already in the division.
These are guys that are insanely big and tough and will be too much for Thornton or McQuaid to handle if he has to drop with them repeatedly.

Obviously they would be looking for those monsters to take on Chara and Lucic and I see either of our guys taking the bait (see: Lucic/Rosehill) --or being severely neutered when they have to back down to them.

We don't want Horton fighting at all.
McQuaid is a light heavy with a concussion history.
Lucic's nose is big enough, shouldn't be going with 4th liners.
Chara --> #1 Dman with fused finger...
Thornton --> Too old, small to be taking Scott or Steve Mac on regularly IMO.

I don't think we are ready, as a team, for a significant increase in fighting this year. MacDermid can be a useful 4th liner but has not developed into a top fighter in the AHL.

I know the easy answer is to say that we should just duck those guys and make em 'useless' but the B's swagger depends on intimidating the other team. Thornton running from MacIntyre doesn't quite achieve that effect.

Not trying to start a big debate on fighting here; lets just assume that fighting will increase again this season and debate wether or not we are ready for it. Thoughts?
http://www.hockeyfights.com/stats/

On track to be to highest since they began tracking in 2000-20001

Morris Wanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote