View Single Post
Old
02-07-2013, 08:55 PM
Tender Rip
No cap on coaching!

vCash: 500
A question of utilizing momentum against a team that lost its heart in the second period after we came back on top of them. Done with after 40. Poor first period by the Pens. Containment and energy saving in the third.

This game was totally won by the PP for once, and as much as we need Letang 5 on 5, this game gave the indication that Letang is NOT going to be missed by the PP. Something that might surprise every broadcaster talking about his importance as the QB there, but as many of us know, that is utterly wrong. Rather he has been the Black Hole QB, and there was all sorts of difference in having Martin simply hold the line, make simple passes quickly and let our talent run the show. I hope there's a lesson learned there, Dan.... Should be said that the Caps PK did not look good at all, so I suppose one should be hesitant making too big a meal of it.

+ Loved how Bortuzzo couldn't care less that he is playing against Ovechkin. Trash talk him, hit him... give the fans what they want... and play some real quality hockey also.

+ Didn't really notice Reese at all. That's likely a good sign with him.

- Malkin's line 5 on 5. You can choose to be overjoyed that Malkin and Neal did great work on the PP, or that Malkin winning his draws today contributed to his line never suffering defensively..... but as much as Boychuck is an energy player and could come good for this team... IT IS NOT GOING TO BE ON THIS LINE! I don't have the answer to what the lines should be, but the team would right now be better with Jeffrey in Boychuck's spot. Of that I have zero doubt.

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote