View Single Post
02-07-2013, 11:07 PM
Happy now?
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Liberati0n View Post
This doesn't warrant a response. Blatant misrepresentation.
It's not a misrepresentation at all. You're asserting that he shouldn't be judged on not being able to get the players in line because of his inexperience and the bad habits of the roster. As much as I disliked him as a coach, remind me again how much experience Dale Hunter had?

That's not the point. The point is you're judging Oates on one season that was supposedly a failure because fans were unhappy with the PP (what a shock). Getting fired is a worse failure than that no matter how you view it. If one season of "failure" is damning, then it's damning for Boudreau too. He clearly shouldn't have been hired to coach Hershey after that. I hope you're just doing this for the sake of the argument; if you really think New Jersey's fans complaining about the PP is grounds to believe Oates isn't a good coach, I don't even know what to say.
I'm not judging him based on the fans dissatisfaction. I merely said it seemed their negative attitude towards him (which you're dismissing entirely because it's only based on the PP) seems to have been justified, based on this season.

They were hired to coach teams that had been bad, but that's not the same thing at all.
How is it not the same thing at all? Oates was hired as the coach of a playoff team, and it's tanked. They were hired as coaches of bad teams, and elevated their performances.

You think those bad teams were well constructed and full of players with good habits?

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline   Reply With Quote