View Single Post
Old
02-07-2013, 10:15 PM
Walter Kovacs
Here We Go Again....

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post
You pull the "if you've watched them play" card, and then complain about the southward direction of the thread? I will openly admit. I haven't watched O'Reilly play a single game this season. That's the problem.

As for the direction of the thread--I offered a post carefully and politely explaining why A- the Rangers are bad trade partners and B- the Avs won't get what they expect IF they decide to trade O'Reilly. None of you wanted to talk about that. You'd rather speculate on which of the Rangers top-4 d-men you'd rather have, while ignoring the obvious fact that NONE of them would be available for a contract hold-out with one good season under his belt.

And for the record, I have seen both players play many times. I loved O'Reilly's game last year. That said, I loved Petr Prucha's game in 05-06. There's a reason the bigger contracts go to the players with a demonstrated track record of consistency--you know what you'll be paying for. O'Reilly hasn't shown that yet, and Avs fans need to take that into account in their expectations.
Couldn't have said it better

Walter Kovacs is offline   Reply With Quote