View Single Post
Old
02-07-2013, 10:19 PM
kirby11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
I agree with jfb -- terrible play effort most of the night against a team coming off a hard game last night. There isn't much spark with this team. If not for some superior efforts from very few individuals tonight, they go down to another loss.

Great -

- Vanek. He's in the zone, even after Prust rocked him he just kept going. I personally thought his best play up until the goals was the hard backcheck late in the second that broke up an odd man rush.

Good -
- Ennis went from nothing to four goals in a hurry. Nice hit on Gorges too.
- Brennan didn't totally suck tonight. He may be catching up to the speed at this level, at least enough to not be a void out there.
- Miller dialing it in for the shootout.
- Pominville with his patented wrister glove-side for the GWG.
- Foligno bulling to the net more, keeping pucks alive around the cage and a good tone setting hit on Markov. Best game of the season for him.

Bad -

- Hey Hecht, that limp shoot in to get your line change and then the limp hook you took right after it? Yeah, that **** isn't a vet play. That's candy ass. Go back to the DEL.
- Handgrenades abound from most of them in the d-zone.
- Miller was shaky most of the night.

Ugly -

- Scott nearly grabbing White from the bench during his tiff with Ott.
- Getting down 4-2 to a team coming off a game last night? The effort sucked.
- Static five-on-threes? Classic Sabre PP tactics and yet again easily defended.
The two of them have quietly collected 9 and 7 points, respectively. Been a lot happier with their play as of late. They've been creating more pressure for sure.
This **** kills me. How many years has this (and gaining the zone 5 on 4) been an issue? Stopping a 5 on 3 isn't that difficult when you only have to focus on defending the cross crease pass or the completely obvious one timer from the point. Get someone else to coach that aspect of the PP. Hell, I'd just say scrap whatever they're trying and tell the players to freewheel with it. They have a good mix of playmaking, finishing, and size with hodgson, ennis, grigorenko, vanek, pominville, and foligno. Just cut them loose and see what happens. Can't be much worse than how they currently play 5 on 3

kirby11 is offline   Reply With Quote