View Single Post
Old
02-07-2013, 10:51 PM
Girgenburger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
I agree with jfb -- terrible play effort most of the night against a team coming off a hard game last night. There isn't much spark with this team. If not for some superior efforts from very few individuals tonight, they go down to another loss.

Great -

- Vanek. He's in the zone, even after Prust rocked him he just kept going. I personally thought his best play up until the goals was the hard backcheck late in the second that broke up an odd man rush.

Good -
- Ennis went from nothing to four goals in a hurry. Nice hit on Gorges too.
- Brennan didn't totally suck tonight. He may be catching up to the speed at this level, at least enough to not be a void out there.
- Miller dialing it in for the shootout.
- Pominville with his patented wrister glove-side for the GWG.
- Foligno bulling to the net more, keeping pucks alive around the cage and a good tone setting hit on Markov. Best game of the season for him.

Bad -

- Hey Hecht, that limp shoot in to get your line change and then the limp hook you took right after it? Yeah, that **** isn't a vet play. That's candy ass. Go back to the DEL.

- Handgrenades abound from most of them in the d-zone.
- Miller was shaky most of the night.

Ugly -

- Scott nearly grabbing White from the bench during his tiff with Ott.
- Getting down 4-2 to a team coming off a game last night? The effort sucked.
- Static five-on-threes? Classic Sabre PP tactics and yet again easily defended.
Agreed, that could have gone badly. Who was it that grabbed him and held him back from making a dumb decision? Props to them. Probably wouldn't have gotten the 4 minute PP if Scott got involved.

Also, is Hecht ever going to score a goal again? That dude is just missing the net and taking weak shot after weak shot. He also isn't playing very well in the facets we would expect him to be strong. Can't blame it on being out of shape since he played overseas. Is his age catching up? Only thing I can really think of. He looks clueless.

Last edited by Girgenburger: 02-07-2013 at 10:57 PM.
Girgenburger is offline   Reply With Quote