View Single Post
Old
02-07-2013, 11:48 PM
joe89

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thats My Hat View Post
He's not going to finish the season with the Wings. Like FlashyG pointed out, we have 3 goalies under 1 way contracts. KH isn't going to send a guy through waivers to let a 1st year pro (no matter how good he's playing) play. Though I hope I'm wrong, I really like this guy.

But if he keeps up his pace, he'll definitely be the first goalie the Wings will call up in case of more injuries, and he'll be on the team sooner than most prospects. Maybe even next year or the year after.
I hope you're wrong.

No but really, anything but sending him down would be poor management. We finally have something that could be seen as some legit goaltending depth. Howard is a solid starter, Gustavsson is yet to play but he's an above average backup at worst, and Mrazek is starting to look more and more like a blue chip prospect. Short of having a Vezina goalie in net, this is ideal. Mrazek needs to play a lot of games and he'll do so with the Griffins at least this year and next. Squeeze a few NHL games in if/when someone goes down. When Gustavsson's contract is up and Mrazek has a couple of pro years under his belt, you re-evaluate the situation. If things go as planned, I see no reason why he couldn't be on the 14/15 goalie tandem. If he needs more time, you sign a free agent for a year. Goaltending is not something you rush, not even the best of them.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote