View Single Post
Old
02-08-2013, 01:10 AM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
I thought that the Rangers didn't play particularly well. A win's a win, but count me unimpressed.
I thought they played the type of game they needed to play tonight. For the most part, they shutdown the Isles offense (aside from Tavares, but not many can shut him down), and they got several good offensive chances. They capitalized on their PP, went 5 for 5 on the PK, and they actually got some clutch goaltending out of Lundqvist for the first time this year. He looked excellent tonight, most comfortable he's looked in net all season, IMO.

They didn't play as well as they did in Tampa. I think they played with a lot more fire than they did against New Jersey. The team wasn't horrible in that game, but they were playing very uninspired hockey. Tonight, they looked like they had a lot more spring in their step and a whole lot more fire. Getting Callahan back in the lineup was huge.

Miller was fantastic tonight. He's a lot more skilled than I thought, the Kesler/Richards comparisons seem to fit with the way he played tonight. Let's just hope he keeps it up for more than a game, because if he does, this kid is going to be a SERIOUS gamer.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard

Last edited by JeffMangum: 02-08-2013 at 01:38 AM.
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote