Thread: Injury Report: Anton Lander
View Single Post
Old
02-08-2013, 01:29 AM
OiledUp

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlasting View Post
You should have seen Lander in his last season with Timrċ. The entire team fell into a slump the last couple of games, except for Lander. He carried the team on his shoulder and did what no one else did. He was just outstanding and in the last game, he secured the playoff spot by being involved in both the goals, in the 2 - 1 victory. They made the playoffs with 1 point. He was just incredible and i have not seen him that good in the oilers yet.

But once he adjust to the NHL, you will see that his greatness. However, i am a feeling that for Lander to do that, he cannot just be the 3th/4th guy who gets extra minutes on the PK. He need to get some time in the 1st or seond line. When he got that room in Timrċ, he showed offensive skills too. Espacilly the skating, sometimes he just blasted through the opponents with explosive speed, that is a weapon i have never seen him use in Oilers :/
Pretty much every player coming into the league has been a dominant force before they made their NHL debut. That's why they're in the league in the first place. But the NHL is a different animal, so much higher level than anything else in the hockey world.

OiledUp is offline   Reply With Quote