View Single Post
Old
02-08-2013, 02:09 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Sports Fan View Post
The same people mad at Sherman for passing on Mueller and Flash would be burning him in effigy if they had been re-signed and had gotten hurt again. He chose not to take the risk in a damned if you do, damned if you don't position and I have no issue there.

I love that for every one of us Stastny defenders there are 2 people that will blame him for everything including putting Sakic's hand in the snowblower. He's been just as good as Duchene over the past two games and he's been steadily getting better since his two goal game against Calgary. In fact until the line was broken up for whatever reason Staz-Duke-Mitchell was again our best looking line last night. I also love the idea that getting anything for him is a better idea than holding onto him.

And while I love how Dutchy has looked so far, lets get a sample size bigger than 10 games of a shortened season before we declare him a completely changed man. He looks the part of the man we need him to be but let's see if he can keep it going.
Agreed. I may have to change my headline from last year from "Duchene Apologist" to "Stastny Apologist." The hate for him is so ridiculous it's not even funny.

As for Dutchy, I think this is the direct result of him working harder in the offseason and coming into the season in the best shape of his life. He worked with Crosby's trainer, a guy who emphasizes core strength, and I think you can tell he's much harder to knock off the puck than he was last year. But yes, we'll see if he can keep it up. I will give him credit with taking up a leadership role both on and off the ice in the wake of this piss-poor start and the O'Reilly situation, since all the Avs brass wants to do is hide.

Av-merican is offline   Reply With Quote