View Single Post
Old
02-08-2013, 03:00 AM
ukyote

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to ukyote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginary Threats View Post
The knights, in the BISL era, when hockey was a new novelty and at the peak of its popularity with an artificially high standard due to all the imports.

Enter the EIHL era the standard drops, and so does popularity. Attendances weren't good enough to keep up with the costs of the O2, and there are no other suitable affordable rinks in London for pro hockey.
As somebody who lives in the city, I can tell you first hand that the population of young people from ice hockey playing countries has exploded since the ISL existed. Most of them would leap at the chance to watch hockey if it were reasonably priced, no matter what the level. I should know, I go out with a Slovak girl who misses hockey badly and several of her eastern European friends are the same. Ditto my Yankie and Canadian friends. Demand is definitely there.

As for you point about the arena, I agree on that... shame the London Arena had to go because that was about the right size. If you read my previous post you'll notice that the first thing I said was that there's a lack of rinks.

ukyote is offline   Reply With Quote