View Single Post
Old
02-08-2013, 03:13 AM
Mr Writer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakushev72 View Post
Its hard to extract from your answer whether there still is much of any outdoor skating in Canada. My thesis is that the reason that countries like Canada still surpass Brazil, Italy, Spain and other warm weather countries in hockey is because kids could play it outdoors on the pond, skating day and night, perfecting their moves. Just like Brazilian kids with the soccer ball. I think I'm right, although some members of this board disagree with my premise.

Your community, by your account, has one indoor rink for every 20,000 citizens. Compare that with the Dallas-Ft. Worth area, which has about 10 more rinks than your hometown, but also about 6.7 million more people to share those rinks. That amounts to one rink per 280,000 residents. There is no outdoor skating of any kind in Dallas-Fort Worth.
Your thesis? LOL Ya, sure thing thing there professor! Listen Yakushev, lets get one thing straight, in my humble opinion, I think you know very little about anything and even less about hockey. This thread has bugged me for a while and I only posted to disprove your "thesis" that hockey in the south doesn't exist where there is no NHL presence. Your thesis debunked. After that, I was just being polite, keeping my powder dry for other arguments as I'm sure our paths will cross as Sochi approaches.