View Single Post
Old
02-08-2013, 04:13 AM
Propane Nightmares
Spirit Shine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukyote View Post
As somebody who lives in the city, I can tell you first hand that the population of young people from ice hockey playing countries has exploded since the ISL existed. Most of them would leap at the chance to watch hockey if it were reasonably priced, no matter what the level. I should know, I go out with a Slovak girl who misses hockey badly and several of her eastern European friends are the same. Ditto my Yankie and Canadian friends. Demand is definitely there.

As for you point about the arena, I agree on that... shame the London Arena had to go because that was about the right size. If you read my previous post you'll notice that the first thing I said was that there's a lack of rinks.
There are 3 rinks in London, 4 if you include Romford. That's 2 semi-pro teams, one amateur team and Haringey are supposedly getting an amateur team next season. Streatham Redskins are a semi-pro team, they're playing in a temp rink in Bristol at the moment, it's right next to the train station so not difficult to get to. Instead of complaining go watch them.

If you Londoners can prove the interest is there and start showing up to games then people might take notice and give you a pro team.

Propane Nightmares is online now   Reply With Quote