Thread: Great Britain: Olympic Qualifiers (Latvia)
View Single Post
Old
02-08-2013, 05:14 AM
AlanHUK
5-14-6-1

vCash: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginary Threats View Post
But that would require the EIHL to actually honour the IIHF international breaks...
Fair point they're far too short sighted for that, which is a shame, because if GB do better on the international stage it gets more coverage and grows, everyone wins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozo View Post
Referees were soft even for regular IIHF game. Half of the the penalties called never were.

First off I don't know how serous you with this statement. But actually I was expecting that team GB would be a much bigger physical force.You were decent along the boards, but not because of sheer physical dominance.
I'm glad you posted that, I actually thought 5-5 it was a pretty good game, the skill difference is obvious, but the effort put in especially in the first 2 periods made the game quite close. I think by the 3rd the Brits were just gassed, comes from chasing around a skilled team I guess.

Also I was shocked at the lack of finishing of checks, I couldn't get my head around it, if you're playing a team more skilled you have to punish them physically to at least try to get them off their game.

AlanHUK is offline   Reply With Quote