Thread: Jussi Jokinen?
View Single Post
Old
02-08-2013, 05:38 AM
Molon Labe15
Don't Tread On Me

vCash: 500
sadly, watching Jussi out there on the 3rd line, he doesnt look any different than any other bottom 6 skaters, except for Westgarth (obviously) and on the other end of the scale, Bowman. I havent seen Jussi take but maybe 10 decent shots, he always seems scared and not confident with the puck. just doesnt look like the Jussi we knew in 09 anymore. I agree that POINTS probably arent coming because of linemates, to an extent, because if you play with guys who can score, you will eventually get points. But points directly because of him i dont see happening with pretty much anyone else either, because it just seems like when he gets the puck, the play ends up going the other way, or at least going completely stagnant.

point is, he just doesnt seem to have it any more. maybe a top 6 winger role would help him. who knows. if he gets the chance, we'll see. maybe its just time he moved on. Dalpe was very close to making the team but there were too many in that role already on the team so there was no spot for him. Jussi goes and we have a cheap, nearly capable replacement. Thats my opinion anyways.

Molon Labe15 is offline   Reply With Quote