Thread: Proposal: Finish this trade...
View Single Post
Old
02-08-2013, 09:02 AM
ODAAT

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpfan1 View Post
Makes sense that the Bruins maybe move Horton to a team before the trade deadline seeing as he will be UFA...

This will give the Bs enough cap room to make a huge move (possibly involving Horton in a 2-way or 3-way deal or possibly as a subsequent deal) at the deadline.

So, what do we think would happen if we move Horton?

Horton to ____________ for ____________ .

I am hoping it is something like Horton plus something to Anaheim for Perry.
So the Bruins move what I believe is considered a "core" player by Chia/Cam to aquire or make a "huge move" which, as I`m sure we know, would cost this team big time in the Draft picks/Prospects cupboard??? Hmm, not exactly Chia`s style, especially when those huge names guarantee nothing (Pevs/Kelly lesser names but integral to cup run)

I`m not opposed to (and who would be) the addition of a name that has some impact, just flies in the face of Chia`s MO to this point and really, is this team in need of a big name which guarantee`s nothing??

Re-signing Horton, IMO, won`t be difficult, if anything, Chia has proven that the culture this organization has created, the competitiveness of this team, the great fans of Boston who support this team makes it an awfully attractive place to play, and with Horty and Looch being pretty good buds, this fan isn`t too worried about re-signing Horton IF he plays the full season and does so as he has begun, playing well.

ODAAT is online now   Reply With Quote