Thread: Line Combos: 2013 Line Combos Thread II
View Single Post
Old
02-08-2013, 08:16 AM
anx
nibedi*****

vCash: 500
What are your thoughts about the PP so far? Personally I'd love to see Granlund getting a shot in the first unit - even if he's playing crappy minutes in the 4th line.

As for the PP I think it needs more creativity, quicker passing, keeping the puck in the zone, patience. Less crashing the net and trying to force it in. Good PP does both.

As for Granlund I see his biggest problem is not having the time he's used to, especially with the puck. The PP in NHL doesn't differ that much from what's he's used to in Europe so I think it would work well both for the team when having arguably the best PP playmaker they have in the 1st PP unit as well as boosting Granlund's confidence if he clicks with the top guys and ease the transition to the NA game that way.

That being said there are many reasons Wild's not winning as much as they could but since getting goals is one of them - I think they should make use of Granlund's offensive upside to it's potential while on the man advantage. But he sure does need certain type of linemates and PP strategy to get into his wizard mode.

Just my 2 cents

anx is offline   Reply With Quote