View Single Post
Old
02-08-2013, 08:18 AM
matCH penalty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bank View Post
Odds at 50/50? 60/40 in Ellers favor?
60/40 in favour, I'd think. Could be considerably more if Desharnais wants what Bergevin considers to be an unreasonable sum, and there's a shortage of skilled fast centres at the trade deadline. The hockey media is silly, and NHL GMs like to hand out stupid contracts based on shaky past performance (Hello, Jason Garrison and Scott Gomez!), so I could see a situation where Desharnais is a valuable trading piece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingNuck View Post
I'll second that.. Cheers mate, real cool of ya to come by with your input Feel free to do so again

I think it has been clear for some time now, that Montreal has to "much" depth a C.

Makes me wonder why Montreal drafted Gally and not a sound D prospect?
I'll definitely be back. I didn't know this thread was around until today. Eller's my favourite player on the team, so it's nice to see other people care . I'm really hoping Denmark makes it to Sochi so I can complete my Montreal Olympics jersey collection: Czech Team Plekanec, Team Canada Price, USA Pacioretty, Russia Markov, and Denmark Eller.

As for why Galchenyuk... the kid's just dynamic. Skating needs some work, and he could stand to put on muscle. But he reads plays so well, he doesn't make too many mistakes (at 18!), he's great at face offs, he works well with our PMD. Our player development/draft guy Trevor Timmins saw something in him before the draft and it's turned out right so far. He makes everyone around him better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingNuck View Post
There has been allot of discussion about Eller moving to the wing, in the game where he posted 3 points, he did play wing didn't he?

Do you think Eller looks lost at wing? Is it possible he could transition to the wing and make himself even more indispensable? I mean having a defensively responsible, offensively sound 3rd C or 1st,2nd, or 3rd Wing is having a very versataile player.
I believe he alternated wing and centre in the 3 point game. The last one was on the Power Play with a huge lead, so Therrien was trying combos out.

Watching him play in Montreal, it's kind of hard to say. If you look at some games from last season when he was playing with Andrei Kostitsyn (particularly in the last half of the season), it was pretty evenly split. He'd often distribute the puck and move to the net or call for it and take shots, but he'd also let the winger carry the puck in and take passes/one-timers. He's good at face offs, though. But there's no reason he couldn't be a winger for line with Galchenyuk for example, and split duty at centre or to protect from bad draws in the defensive zone.

Kostitsyn's gone, but we've got Rene Bourque, who is playing a pretty good version of his game this year. I could see a Bourque-Galchenyuk-Eller line happening in the near future. There's a lot of speed, quality puck control, and passing there. Too bad chemistry can't be so easily predicted.