Thread: Injury Report: Anton Lander
View Single Post
Old
02-08-2013, 08:26 AM
LaGu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OiledUp View Post
Yeah but come on, that was always a somewhat ridiculous comparison. They have/had simlarities on the defensive side of the game and the fact they were always smart players. But Zetterberg always had better hands and vision than Anton and also is/was a better skater. Anton has always been a leader, hardworking, smart defensively, ok playmaking skills, matured early and thus putting up ok but never great offensive numbers.

I think Anton will improve slightly offensively and become a solid 3rd line center, swedes tend to take a little time adjusting to the NHL and usually don't put up big numbers the first couple of seasons. He's already NHL ready on the defensive side of the game IMO. FO's was a strength of his before he came into the league so I think he'll figure it out.
Will probably be a great guy to have in the playoffs down the road. IF we ever get there...
Why do I have to come on? I agree with basically everything you write. I was just trying to reason over the fact that many Swedes have high expectations and what lies behind it. I don't think he'll become a Zetterberg, or even 1/2 a Zetterberg, but can I understand where these comparisons come from.

LaGu is offline   Reply With Quote