Thread: Proposal: Perry for Ovechkin?
View Single Post
Old
02-08-2013, 09:28 AM
Theridion

vCash: 500
I am not too worried about resigning perry, yet. But since we have a thread, if we cant sign him, yes i want to deal him asap.

I think in either way, this team is fine for next year.

I dont think we are getting a top tier nhl player in return for perry. At least, thats less likely than prospects.

If etem and palmeri are playing well and producing nhl points, you look at selanne retiring, and you see if koivu is going to come back. This team could definitelly benefit from a couple blue chip forward prospects. A center and wing. Looking to next year, this team gets cheaper and worse, but potentially has getz, ryan on the top lines with koivu on the 2nd/3rd. But how much worse?

Etem and palmeri have a chance to settle into responsible roles, and fowler, sbisa, vatenen, beach...? Defense is fairly young and good.

A couple youngster forwards to work on filling in the top 2 lines would be great.

It leaves us with a lack of star power with selanne retired and perry gone... but its not that bad. And you have freed up a bunch of cap space to sign a top end player. Hope that one or two of your youngsters steps up into a top line player.

Theridion is offline   Reply With Quote