View Single Post
Old
02-08-2013, 08:58 AM
Justinov

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by matCH penalty View Post
I'll definitely be back. I didn't know this thread was around until today. Eller's my favourite player on the team, so it's nice to see other people care . I'm really hoping Denmark makes it to Sochi so I can complete my Montreal Olympics jersey collection: Czech Team Plekanec, Team Canada Price, USA Pacioretty, Russia Markov, and Denmark Eller.

Watching him play in Montreal, it's kind of hard to say. If you look at some games from last season when he was playing with Andrei Kostitsyn (particularly in the last half of the season), it was pretty evenly split. He'd often distribute the puck and move to the net or call for it and take shots, but he'd also let the winger carry the puck in and take passes/one-timers. He's good at face offs, though. But there's no reason he couldn't be a winger for line with Galchenyuk for example, and split duty at centre or to protect from bad draws in the defensive zone.

Kostitsyn's gone, but we've got Rene Bourque, who is playing a pretty good version of his game this year. I could see a Bourque-Galchenyuk-Eller line happening in the near future. There's a lot of speed, quality puck control, and passing there. Too bad chemistry can't be so easily predicted.
Then a warm welcome to our danish NHL thread
About Eller is so unfortunate that AK went away. Chemistry is something elusive and parts of Eller's problems is he didn't play with anyone else than AK that complemented his skill-set. I hope they maybe keep Eller as a 3'rd line center (where he is solid) and slowly start to introduce him to different wing setups until he finds one where he clicks. Your line sounds interesting by the way..but you never know if it will work until tried. Maybe Galchenyuk and Eller could rotate their game as Eller did with AK - perhaps it's that particular playing style he is missing?

Last edited by Justinov: 02-08-2013 at 09:23 AM.