Thread: Claude Noel
View Single Post
Old
02-08-2013, 09:12 AM
OnionPuck

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by koth View Post
So we are into season 2 now, and the Jets don't seem to be much improved from last year, and last year they didn't seem to be much improved from the year before. I'm wondering if this is because of the players, or because of the coach.

I love Claude Noel as our Jets coach, but I wonder how much time management is going to give him to turn this team into a playoff team. Right now, they certainly don't play like a playoff team.

We brough in some new veteran leadership and some new size, but I'm not seeing an improvement over last year's Jets.

I guess you can chalk it up to the loss of Byfuglien and Bogosian, but Bogosian wasn't there for the great wins against Pittsburgh nor the overtime loss against Boston, where the Jets played great without him. Byfuglien is a large part of the team, but him not being in the lineup shouldn't cause the other guys on the roster to stop trying.

I don't want to see Claude Noel get fired, but what will it take, before management decides they need someone else in that position?

Just to clarify, I don't think Claude Noel SHOULD be fired, I'm just wondering if he WILL be fired.
No. True North is stubbornly loyal to people they consider to be theirs.

Aside from that, I still feel it's a bit too early to tell. So long as we finish withing a few spots Noel will keep his job. If this season totally crashes and burns (no pun intended) then management would be more likely to consider replacement... if there's no progress by the end of Season 3 I think we'll see his exit then.

OnionPuck is offline   Reply With Quote