View Single Post
Old
02-08-2013, 09:48 AM
kingsfan
Yes my liege!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAlmeida View Post
What about King, Penner and Bernier to Washington for MJ, a backup goalie (Holtby/Neuvirth) and a pick?
Take that and run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
I think we could do better trading those guys off individually
Honestly, I doubt we'd get Johansson for that package, nevermind adding in Holtby and a pick. Johansson and Holtby are struggling right now, but so is the entire Caps team aside from Ribiero. When Joel Ward has arguably been your second best forward overall, you're slumping.

Johansson has massive upside, I can't see Bernier fetching him, and King isn't worth a ton, despite his playoff heroics. Penner's value is once again almost nil.

I agree with the other poster who said a deal for Hamrlik could be what DL's looking at. After the whole fiasco in the off-season of Hamrlik *****ing about the NHLPA and Brouwer lashing back at him, it could cause some locker room discomfort, and Hamrlik is a UFA after the season, so he may want to go to a contender as well. We need a D-man but we may not want one for beyond this season. It fits. Not to mention Washington has nine defensemen once Erskine comes back.

Heck, factoring in Hamrlik's comments about Hunter last year, I wouldn't doubt he's itching to get out of Washington.