Old
02-08-2013, 09:53 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

vCash: 500
Last three games:

Wild: 0-3, 3 goals for, 9 goals against
XXX: 0-3, 5 goals for, 16 goals against

Who's the mystery team that's given up nearly twice as many goals as the Wild in that span?

-----

I will say, Yeo's gotten himself one loss closer. Russo talks about the next four games being crucial...if he loses 3 of 4, that seat cannot get any hotter. If the team continues to get shots, draw power plays, or keep the puck out of the net...that seat continues to get hotter.

I'll say, if Yeo drops say 6 of the next 8 or 7 of the next 10, sure at that point I'd say his record isn't up to snuff.

But then who do you bring in? A failed rookie head coach from another team, like Scott Arniel or Davis Payne? An irrelevant older coach like Terry Murray or Marc Crawford?

There's just no proven head coach out there. If a Hitchcock, Tippett, or Lemaire was there, I'd be very interested to see what they could do.

This team really needs to clean up and start with the fundamentals: AVOID TURNOVERS, win puck races, AVOID TURNOVERS, cover your man in the D zone, AVOID TURNOVERS, get pucks on net, and AVOID TURNOVERS.

I mean, those are simple things that don't require 50 years of experience to teach. It's a combination of laziness, poor choices, and poor execution on the players. Is the coach trying to implement something over the heads of the players? If not, maybe we need a coach who's not afraid to staple someone to the bench or tell them to hit the showers mid-game.