View Single Post
Old
02-08-2013, 10:24 AM
McBooya42
Have a McDavid day!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Continue to note the amount of times out on the ice Nuge is avoiding physical contact. Which again is uncharacteristic of this player. At times he's tentative out there and consistent with a shoulder injury that is said to be "flaring up at times".

20 games without a goal for an elite player (and goal scorer) is a little beyond struggling when you get top mimutes, topline, top PP unit.

I would almost rather think that his performance is due to injury then a rapid decline in confidence. If its the latter then what do we do?
Are you kidding me? Nuge has been backchecking like crazy, and has really worked on his defensive game - something he was quoted as wanting to concentrate on:

http://newsok.com/barons-ryan-nugent...rticle/3716658

Quote:
ďA big thing for me is I want to be a two-way centre. I take a lot of pride in my defence, and thatís something Iím definitely going to be focused on.Ē
Now i'm not saying that there isn't something up with his shoulder, as there obviously is but he's been awesome playing as a two-way center this year.

BTW he did get a goal earlier against LA, but it was waived off (incorrectly IMO).

McBooya42 is offline   Reply With Quote