View Single Post
Old
02-08-2013, 10:27 AM
dire wolf
be cool

vCash: 500
I don't get the Stafford hate. I thought he had a really strong game and has looked good recently. He's just not scoring. But, he's playing with a lot of physicality and tenacity, and doing some good back-checking. He needs to drive the net a bit more, but I'm ok with his game. He'll go on a scoring streak pretty soon, I think.

Also, I saw some negative comments on Weber. Again, I thought for the most part he played a solid, simple game -- especially considering how bad his partner has been and how many difficult minutes he is being forced to play with the injuries. He made a few mistakes, but I noticed a lot more good plays from him.

Anyway, see a lot of improvement from Ennis, Foligno and Grigorenko (and a little bit of Gerbe). The real problem is our inability to clear the D-zone on simple plays. If Myers goes into late-season beast mode, this team suddenly looks a lot different.

Not sure if anyone mentioned it, but Scott was doing a good job playing more of an agitator role. Rayzor pointed it out and I thought he was right. That adds an interesting dimension to his game - 6'8" troll.

dire wolf is offline   Reply With Quote