View Single Post
Old
02-08-2013, 12:03 PM
truck
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
You keep posting this. The quality of shots against is the concern, not quantity. At least with Buff and Bogo there teams are mostly boxed outside. Now it is a parade of breakaways, point-blank opportunities, and guys crowding the net. The D core is currently an AHL-level group overall. Guys are playing in positions above their grade because two out of the top three D are injured.
The parade of breakaways and point blank opportunities really hasn't happened, at least not at the rate that some people suggest. Lots of the goals have been scored from well out. Plus most of the point blank opportunities are a result of a goalie with poor rebound control.

Yes, guys are playing above their grade, but as a whole I haven't seen a poor defensive team outside of the mess in Tampa.

I see a Jets as a team that is allowing less shots and less quality shots than a number of other teams. I also think they have had a number of unfortunate breaks that resulted in goals.

Pav isn't as bad as his current save percentage, but I really don't think he is isn't any better than an replacement level starter at this point.

truck is online now   Reply With Quote