View Single Post
Old
02-08-2013, 11:04 AM
DeuceMN
Really?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEALLKNOWING View Post
Can't break-up Suter/Brodin. I would pair Spurgeon with Stoner, and Gilbert with Marco. Balances many things (size, shots, speed, etc.)

Somehow Hackett of other goalie of the future needs to be up here. Backstrom gone after this year. Harding gone anytime from today-on. Backstrom tradeable, Harding zero trade value. Out goalie(s) of the future needs to be getting NHL experience now!

I would actually put Brodziak on the second line for a game. I don't think it has happened, might jolt him. Just a game.

I bet Cullen would waive his NTC if: he were traded to a Cup contender (not a team just trying to make the playoffs); and he had the potential to sign with that team next year. Not going to happen here, so Fletch should give it a try. I am tired of feeble attempts at fancy passes and stickhandling.

Clutter is really a 3rd or 4th liner. He has perceived value around the league, so his value will never be higher. Let some other team over-pay for him before his limitations are found out. Others see the hits number, not whether the hits actually mean anything. Can't pass, can't shoot. Might be good at sticking in front of the net on a power play, but that is not likely to happen.

Instead of Fletch getting rid of lower line deadwood, I think he needs to try to get rid of some of the currrent "core" that won't be around next year, so the young'ns can get the experience.
I agree with these points.

While Clutter does have his uses, I feel like his perceived value is higher than his actual value.

Cullen would probably net us a 2nd or mid-tier prospect. Maybe we could package him and get something better. I bet he would wave his NTC for a few teams, especially if it would help the Wild in the process. He's not a bad guy, just not what we need.

DeuceMN is offline   Reply With Quote