Old
02-08-2013, 12:06 PM
SERE 24
LGR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
My thoughts exactly.

Are people advocating this because they think these guys will help the team? Or is it because these guys are NOT Bickel or Gilroy?
For a 5th, I gamble on Ellerby, who is a former 1st, still young, very nice size, has time to improve and IS better than Bickel.

Lovejoy, I think is severely underrated and already ready to be a steady bottom pair guy. I think he just got stuck behind people in Pittsburgh and passed by high-end prospects like Despres and Morrow who look really good. I believe he's a competent #6 right now.

Like I said, if Gilroy can keep up his recent play, I will change my tune on him. It looks like he may have finally figured out a role he can play adeptly at the NHL level, but I need to see it for more than 5 games to be sold. Ellerby might not be better than him right this minute, but I think he's still very raw and was poorly handled and Torts could do a lot with him. I only advocate for them because of the minimal price. If the price was a 3rd and a prospect, we wouldn't be having this conversation. With the price at a 5th, I think either would have been worth the gamble and could have paid off. The possible reward outweighs the risk and when you don't want to move roster pieces, those are the kinds of moves you make sometimes. If Ellerby took just one step forward for us, he would be well worth a 4th or 5th.