View Single Post
Old
02-08-2013, 11:11 AM
bernmeister

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I wouldn't be opposed to move Boyle. I realize that the team needs depth but if a team was willing to pay a decent price for him, say a 2nd + I would have to consider it.

What if Colorado offered:

Boyle for SOB + 2nd '13

Anyone?

Or Chicago:

Clendening/Shaw/McNeil + pick?
I've done some groundwork in this area. They are hot for BB at the right price. Gives depth to their pivot. ? is price.

They have previously been willing, but less inclined to add Dylan Olsen, a former mid 20s 1st round pick but open to do so based on additional assets. With their very good start to date and a resurgence of their backliners, Olsen will not be given away, nor cheap, but he can be, IMO, more reasonably had.

Clendenning, last I looked, was higher valued D prospect for them.

I think
Boyle + Christian Thomas + Stu Bickel + Rangers 4th
for
Olsen + McNeil/or acceptable substitute + Pat Beach + Chicago 5th

is ballpark win-win.

it's mostly futures, but Olsen can compete immediately for the bottom pair, and atm our pivots would be
Richards
Stepan
Miller
Halpern

we move Bickel who is emergency 7th or 8th for them but fits as a 4th LW option and they want a graceful way to move Beach, who is a project but was drafted high so he must have at least a certain amount of skills or talent we can hope to unearth and recover.

Thomas is a good fit for Chitown in many ways but upgrading to McNeil or alternate is a plus for us as well...