View Single Post
02-08-2013, 11:12 AM
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, MN
Don't drink crappy beer. "Light" beers taste awful. No Miller, Budweiser, Coors, Heineken, Corona, Busch, Natural Light, or High Life, or PBR (actually those last two aren't terrible, but aren't good).
Try these, in order (not all at once obviously):
1. Crispin or Strongbow - a cider, kind of like apple-flavored beer, very good. If you're a woman, you'll likely stop here.
2. Sunset Wheat, Blue Moon, or Shock Top - lighter wheat beer with citrus notes, serve with a slice of orange.
3. Honey Weiss or Stella - more "beer" flavored but still light, serve with a slice of lemon.
4. Newcastle - lighter brown ale, notice the nutty flavors and malt.
5. Summit EPA - good all-around pale ale, it's strong and bitter at first, but keep with it.
6. Guinness - gotta have it. It's dark and slightly bitter, but by now you've grown accustomed to those flavors. Like getting over the "burn" of alcohol or "tart" of wine.
From there, wherever you want to go. Furious, Hopslam, Bender, some of my favorites.
View Public Profile
Visit Jarick's homepage!
Find More Posts by Jarick