View Single Post
Old
02-08-2013, 11:20 AM
BeersHockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
Oh no, I'm totally aware my requests are way high. The problem I see with dealing in conference. Again, teams like Edmonton, Chicago, Detroit, San Jose, Colorado...all would have to improve our team with the return as much as Lu would improve their team. If we were interested in dumping Lu, it would have happened, likely to Florida.

As for the first with one of those three....That's the kind of package I'd be looking at. I listed those three prospects more for if the returning player was lesser then I listed.

As for Heatley, ideally not, but stranger things have happened, and another premium forward, cap hit be damned, is a better return for Luongo then like 90% of what's been offered in these boards.
Fair enough, I can respect that position. From an outsiders prospective, a fair deal between these two teams would be something like Lu for Heatley and a 2nd or 3rd (maybe a 1st really depending on cap structure etc). Minn gets their goalie (a year younger than Backstrom) locked down at a reasonable cap hit, Van gets a 32 year old (year younger than Luongo) sniper that could just clean up in all the open space provided by the twins and on the powerplay.