View Single Post
Old
02-08-2013, 11:22 AM
KIRK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
I understand and agree with what people are saying about St. Louis - Redden isn't a long term solution, Stewart is expendable, etc...

but I still don't think they trade Stewart during the season. So he's a 3rd-liner there? AWESOME. That's the kind of depth you want going into the playoffs. He'd be a 1st-line player here, and he's on their 3rd? They aren't going to give that up during the season for anything short of ... Despres?
Perhaps.

The kicker for them is that they need a guy who legitimately can be a 4/5 playoff guy. They could try to rent him. If they look towards picking up a player with years on his deal, they need it to be low priced with Pietro, Shattenkirk, and Berglund RFA's.

I always figured that they'd wait until the offseason to move Stewart. Now, if they could get a 'replacement for the role', a legit 4/5 playoff guy, and a sweetener, I could maybe see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
Shero doesn't operate on finding a winger for a certain player. But I'm positive he's had his eye on Kulemin. He knows he'd fit anywhere in our lineup. And if we acquire him, he'd go straight to Geno's LW b/c thats where the hole is right now.

I remember quotes from DB and Shero when the Neal trade went down saying they've had a list of power forwards they keep an eye on throughout the season.
Have to think Stewart is on it. And with Redden being exposed for what he is, a guy who's played in the minors and not ready for a top 4 role if ever. And Cole not there yet, we match up as trade partners.
Interesting