Thread: Blake Comeau
View Single Post
Old
02-08-2013, 11:26 AM
Adirondack Flames

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
My expectations were quite low - there was a reason that we were able to pick him up on waivers. I really question how he even got 20 goals - he is never in a position to score.

As far as the turnovers, the NHL only tracks giveaways; turning the puck over after losing a battle or making a stupid shot attempt (which is blocked) or a clearing attempt (which is blocked) I don't believe those situations are tracked in that category.

I guess the problem is that the Flames are focusing on having "smart" players on the team, and based on the decisions that he's been making Comeau isn't one of them. He appears to ride the short bus on road trips...
If a 4th liner was a "smart" player they wouldn't be a 4th liner. Jackman, Jones & Begin all have low hockey IQs, the difference between them and Comeau is people are watching and waiting for Comeau to make a mistake. Just like they do with Butler, just like Bouwmeester and just like Stajan. People were unhappy with his signing and they are looking for reasons to dislike him.

Quite frankly he is the Flames best option on the 4th line with the injury to Bouma. The Heat have no one that can replace Comeau and compete at the NHL level consistently. Aliu and Bancks are the best options for that role and Aliu can't stick at the AHL level, forget the NHL and Bancks simply isn't in the same league as someone like Bouma. The Heat is filled with guys that can fill in on the 3rd line, but no one for that 4th line.

Adirondack Flames is offline   Reply With Quote