Thread: Speculation: Isles getting ready to make move?
View Single Post
Old
02-08-2013, 11:51 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattb124 View Post
Love the hyperbole. That aside, the point here is that in order to improve their record they need to get better, and having Strait as their #4 d-man isn't going to accomplish that.

So Strait shouldn't be a #4 even on the Islanders, like he wouldn't be a #4 on any other NHL team? I am not sure I could make my point better than that. Thank you.

I am now a bit confused as to the point you are arguing however...
You are right, they do need to get better. Since Snow is saying he's building around his youth, fans should understand why Snow would rather see what Strome/B. Nelson bring to the top 6, before looking elsewhere for a potential 2nd line center.

Reinhart had a solid 1st training camp. Donovan made the 2012-2013 AHL all-star team. De haan was Bridgeport's most poised d-man before injuring his shoulder. Since Snow's building around home grown youngsters, shouldn't he see what these youngsters bring before deciding he needs to go outside the organization?

oh and as for the point about Strait... why can't he develop into a solid #4? Isles coaches scouted the AHL heavily during the lockout. Assistant coach Thompson, was Bridgeport's 2011-2012 head coach.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote