Thread: Post-Game Talk: Rangers vs. Islanders: It's Miller Time
View Single Post
Old
02-08-2013, 01:07 PM
Bardof425*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
He'll be in for Asham. And I honestly I'm super excited about what I saw from Miller, but the kid had a lot of defensive lapses. Let's see how he plays for the next 10 games rather than the high he's been on for the past 2. Not rooting against him by any means, but taking the wait and see approach with a kid who's 19 years old.

I don't think Asham's a waste like Rupper/Boogy and Brashear were. But he doesn't bring what Boyle brings. He can't PK, he can't be put out there against other teams top lines, can't take faceoffs, etc. Basically, he's just not as good. I know your blind hatred for Boyle will disagree with this because Asham has an offensive chance here and there and tries to make nifty moves with the puck (which never seem to work) but anyone with a view of the game knows Boyle>>Asham.
A view of the game? What does even mean? Boyle is overrated by this fan base, this coach and the those who announce our games. But many on this board have eyes, are not distracted by him being a nice guy and see him for what he is; an average 4th line center with almost no offensive ability at all. if you watch the Devils or the Bruins you will see 4th line players that can wear their opponent down with puck protection. They may not have great shots and so they don't score alot, but they do have a role in the O-zone. BB does not have these skills and subsequently is an average 4th line. And his FO skills are good but let's not pretend he's Craig McTavish here.

Asham has a different role one which has kept him in the league for a long time. He is not a goon. he is with a new team in a new system. As the year goes on his positioning and instincts with the puck will improve and he will bury a few with the shot that he has. He is a better player than BB and he can fight which is invaluable on this current roster, unless you want to dress Stu Bickle.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote