View Single Post
Old
02-08-2013, 12:14 PM
Shockmaster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
I look at last nights win and I see two perfectly stoppable goals. Thats the reason Fleury doesnt and won't have great stats or performances. He gets the win, but he dove and let in an open net goal and then he lets Ovechkins rather weak wrister (looked weak live) scribble through his pads- if he was perfectly positioned that goal does not go in.

Again, average NHL goaltending. I am very interested to see Vokouns stats after Fleury and him have placed 15+ games.
Yup, Fleury has to make a save while his mask is being pried off his head by Orpik's stick. As for Ovechkin's goal - he's done that to many other goalies. By the way, did you notice Fleury stopped Ovechkin on a break away, or were you too busy looking at a stat sheet?

How about that goal Vokoun gave up in Washington? Where are the complaints about that?

Quote:
This inevitably leaves to this fallacy that goalies simply can't put up good numbers in the Pens' system. Vokoun's proving that's not the case, and frankly, when Fleury is actually playing well, he proves is not the case. It's only when Fleury is erratic that his numbers suffer, and suddenly our team defense is a death sentence for goalie stats.
I would say the Winnipeg game proves you wrong. Vokoun was in net and the same **** happened.

But that's all it is with you people - stats stats stats.

Shockmaster is offline   Reply With Quote